As announced prior to and during Show #7, elections for the 2020-2021 term on the board of the California Cow Horse Association (soon to be the California Reined Cow Horse Association) will be held at Show #8 on Saturday August 31, 2019 at the International Agri-Center in Tulare. We will be electing 5 new members to the board and we are soliciting candidates to stand for election to fill those positions. Here are some facts you should take in account as you consider serving the association as a board member:
• Attendance at monthly board meetings is required (a limited number of excused absences are allowed and some accommodations to attend remotely can be arranged under special circumstances).
• Board members discuss and make decisions regarding association business during board meetings.
• Board members perform the work required to manage the association and plan and conduct association events outside of board meetings.
• Attendance at CCHA shows is not required in all cases but may be necessary depending on individual board member’s committee assignments.
• Newly elected board members will serve as committee chairpersons and members and may serve as executive officers.
• The new board will begin serving as soon as possible following the election.
• Candidates must be CCHA and NRCHA members in good standing.
• Please email any questions or your candidate statement to email@example.com by midnight August 23rd, 2019. Candidate statements will be included in the ballot and emailed to the membership.